Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Water Your Seeds of Happiness

I had this one thing in my life that I'd convinced myself was absolutely awful.  When I spoke of it, I made sure to point out the negative things associated with it.  I mean I remembered all the bad things that had happened anytime this topic came up.  That's how I had trained my mind to think in regards to this thing.  

One day, I shared a picture with a friend of this "dreadful" event and he said "That looks nothing like you've described all these years."  He saw something totally different.  It caused me to wonder if it was as bad as I'd trained myself to think, or if I'd simply been watering the wrong seeds.  The seeds I'd watered had turned into bushes and bushes of thistles and thorns in my mind.  So much so, that I didn't see the roses in the garden of this area of my life.

Paul says in Philippians 4:8, "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think on these things" (i.e. water these seeds).  Mind blown!  I was indeed watering the wrong seeds. 

That one moment with my friend, reminded me that there were roses in the garden.  I just needed to be reminded of them and water them.  And the more I watered them, the more I saw their beauty, the more I smelled their fragrance and the more I appreciated their presence.  Sometimes the things that make us the happiest are the things we neglect or simply don't make time for.  But like the lens on a camera, we simply have to make an adjustment to change the focus and get a totally different picture.

What seeds of happiness do you have in your life that simply need to be watered?  Water them today and watch your happiness grow.

Love Always,
Shy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy