Friday, November 3, 2017

I Love Miracles!

I love miracles!  I love to hear stories where the outcome is a miracle.  Stories where there's no humanly way possible that things could have turned out the way they did, except a miracle.  This is why I absolutely love planting seeds.  Planting a tiny black seed and seeing a yellow flower, a green leaf or a piece of fruit pop out of the soil a few weeks later just "WOWS" me.  A miracle!  And how in the world does a little black seed produce big, striped, green watermelons that are bright red on the inside anyway?  A miracle!  Were there baby watermelons inside that seed all along?  And speaking of babies…  A miracle!  You get my point.

So when I think of certain visions and dreams God has given me for my life and I see no humanly way possible, I know it will take a miracle.  But what do I do in the meantime?  I take the situation as far as I can humanly take it by planting the seed.  I've heard it said that we can't make a plant grow.  We can only set the conditions around it to be conducive to growth and leave the miracle in the hands of God.

How do we set the conditions in and around our lives to be conducive to a miracle?  I'm glad you asked!  We get still and quiet and listen for direction from God.  We read His word.  We make the call.  We write the book.  We sign up for the class.  We buy the supplies for the craft.  We ask for the meeting.  We build the website.  We open the Etsy store.  We surround ourselves with like-minded people.  We let our actions be a statement of faith that God will produce the miracle.  We stay in the race and take it as far as we can humanly take it, then pass the baton to God.

Hebrews 12:1-2 says, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.  And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith."

Keep your eyes on Jesus and let Him perfect the things that you are having faith for.  Throw off everything that hinders you - the excuses we tell ourselves, the lies the enemy tells us, the sin that so easily entangles us.  Let Him produce the miracle in your planted seed.  "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance in what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1.  What seed will you plant in faith today?

Love Always!

Shy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy