Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Love Always Trusts

As a little girl, there was no safer place for me than next to my mother.  I was absolutely sure she loved me, so I trusted she would make the best decisions on my behalf.  Most of all, I trusted that even when she didn't give me what I wanted, she still had an unwavering love for me, and that love produced trust.

Now that I am an adult, I sometimes want to make sense of the things happening in my life or the things God has allowed in the lives of loved ones, but I have to remember to have that child-like trust.  If I am completely honest, I have to admit there are days when I want to have a full-blown grownup tantrum.  I want to stomp and scream and yell and demand an answer from God.  “Why can’t I have it now?!”  “Why did You allow this?!”  “When will You step in on my behalf?!”  But, I have to trust that He knows what’s best for me.

Why is it that some areas of life are so much harder to exercise trust?  Life isn't always as simple as a recipe where you follow a set of instructions for a desired outcome, and viola!  But in life there are those foggy places when we can't see what's ahead and we struggle to have faith with each step.  Sometimes we’re not even sure if we’re headed in the right direction, but one thing we can trust for sure – our Lord and Savior is with us and has promised never to leave us.  He has the ability to direct our paths, straighten out the crooked places, place signs along our journey, block certain roads, reroute us to our appointed destiny and (like FedEx) get us there on time.

So next time you can’t see the road ahead, proceed with trust.  Trust that He is there in life’s dark foggy places.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5).


Love Always!
Shy 

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/

Love always trusts. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy