Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Happily Ever After

I gave God the options - either A or B.  I even gave Him a timeframe in which I needed Him to have everything completed.  And somewhere along the way I even decided I should help Him get things done.  After all, we're supposed to put action behind our faith, right?  Well, I was busy "actioning".  So, it was no surprise that in a short period of time, I received my "blessing" and lived happily ever after...for about 2 weeks.

While I was busy taking matters into my own hands instead of "waiting on the Lord" (Psalm 27:14), it turns out He was waiting on me to "be still and know that He is God" (Psalm 46:10).  Amazing what can happen when we get still, quiet, trust in the Lord AND leave the possibilities open to His plan.  Suppose God wants to do something in my life that's far beyond what I could ask or imagine?  Suppose His plan not only fills my happiness, but FULL-fills my purpose?  Suppose He actually knows why He created me?  LOL!  Just suppose...

When I look at my history and how God's AMAZING grace has brought me over, pulled me under, moved me around and kept me through life's challenges, it amazes me that I continue to be tempted to get in the way.  If I've learned nothing else in life, I've learned that God does indeed have a plan for me to live my best, most fulfilled, purposeful life.  

So the next time I'm in need of answers and am tempted to give God "options" on how to move on my behalf, I've decided to leave room for my mind to be blown when He chooses "none of the above."

Love Always,
Shy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy