Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Flying Partner

Fortunately, I don't have the distraction of texting while driving.  However, my biggest distractions are the birds souring overhead or flying in a V-formation to their next destination.  I find myself making the music in the car their flying soundtrack.  These birds have no idea I'm actually making up an entire story about their little bird lives.  Crazy, I know!  But I have a wild imagination (to say the least) and a serious affection for nature.

The other day, when I was driving, I saw 2 ducks flying overhead.  Since they weren't in a flock, I couldn't help but wonder if one of them was recovering from an injury and the other one was his flying partner.  As standard procedure (Yes, ducks have a standard procedure!  Don't you and your flock?!), when a duck is injured or grounded for some reason, one of the ducks from the flock stays with him until he/she is able to take flight again.  What an awesome support system!

Wouldn't it be nice if we automatically had that same system in humankind?  If one of us were "grounded" for some reason, another one of us would walk with us through the healing until we were able to soar again.  

This brings me to a particularly time in my life when I was going through a tough situation and felt "grounded".  It was awful!  I mean I was down on the ground with a serious broken wing, but God was so good to send me a friend who stuck with me until I was able to fly again.  This friend wanted absolutely nothing, but to see me soar.  I was so grateful to God, because he sent a friend to be the flesh of His promised word in Isaiah 41:10 - "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

So, the next time you have a friend who is down, I would encourage you to interrupt your regularly scheduled flight to sit with them, encourage them, help them until their strength is renewed and they are able to take flight again!  Being a flying partner isn't just for the birds!


Love Always,
Shy

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy