Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Remember!

I was believing God for this one thing. Well, actually it was two things.  If you're like me, sometimes looking ahead at what seems to be an impossible situation is much harder than looking back at what He's already done.  I've had sooooo many prayers answered and so many miracles performed over my lifetime that I could write a new pencil down to a nub listing them and still have more to write.  

So the other day when I was reading in my bible the story of the two Marys coming to the tomb looking for the body of Jesus, I was shocked that they were shocked that He wasn't there.  When the angels reminded them of what Jesus said about rising in 3 days, Luke 24:8 says "Then they remembered his words."  I was like "Really, Marys?!  How did you forget?  After seeing all his other miracles, why weren't you and the disciples camped out at the tomb having a potluck expecting this miracle."  I just didn't get it.

Then I flashed back to my situation and all the past miracles that have already taken place in my life. Why wouldn't I be believing and expecting another miracle? Why am I not waiting outside the tomb of my situation with expectancy?  Why am I not scrolling through my miracle chronicles?

So I pulled out my iPad and began to write a list of my personal miracles.  I started with the day I was born when the doctor gave my family grim news that it's likely neither me nor my mother would make it.  BUT GOD!  The list grew from there.  I "remembered" what He had done, and based on the precedent that had been set in my life, my faith was strengthened in what He could and would do again. So I set up camp and invited those who believe in miracles to wait expectantly outside of this situation with me.

Today, what do you need to remember to encourage you to camp out with expectancy of your miracle?  It's. Time. To. Remember!

Love Always,
Shy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy