Friday, December 1, 2017

What to Expect When You're Expecting

When I was pregnant with my son, I got a popular book called "What to Expect When You're Expecting." Although he was my second child, it had been 8 years since I had my daughter and let's just say "things" were happening to my body that I didn't quite remember happening before.  This book helped me to determine what was normal and what to expect at various stages of the pregnancy.  It seemed the closer I got to the delivery date, the more uncomfortable things became.  There were many days during the pregnancy when I had to refer to my book to confirm if I should be "expecting" these bizarre things.  

Finally, during the last week of pregnancy, a few things happened that indicated I was getting close to delivery time.  I might have otherwise been concerned about these things, but the book helped me understand what to expect, so I knew these were signs that I was getting close...

Fast forward 16 years...  I'm expecting again.  Only this time, I'm expecting the fulfillment of God's promises in my life.  It's not an easy road, but I'm not surprised, because I know what to expect.  Allow me to share a few tips on what to expect if you're expecting too.

OPPOSITION
There will always be something or someone on the opposing side challenging your faith, but don't be discouraged.  Keep moving in the direction of God's purpose, promise and plan for your life.  Push!

DISCOMFORT

Discomfort causes us to reposition.  When something is uncomfortable enough, we change our plan. We change our outlook.  We change our position.  Push!

PAIN
Pain usually shows up to push us into something great.  Let's push through that painful place to experience the greatness of what's on the other side.  Push!

GROWTH
Once we push past the opposition, the discomfort, and the pain, we experience growth.  Within that growth, we will find the keys to unlock our purpose and move to the next level of who we were called to be, thus delivering the promise.

Know that these things are normal when you're expecting something great.  Also, know that our present pain and suffering can't compare to the joy that is coming (Romans 8:18).  So, don't be alarmed.  Just know you are getting closer to your delivery.  It's time to push!

Love Always!
Shy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy