Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Equipped to Win!

I have a confession to make.  I absolutely love watching gladiator type movies where they flight with their sword and shield.  Which brings me to my next confession, "300" is one of my absolute favorite movies.  Whenever I'm going through a tough time in life, I watch 300 and it brings out the fighter in me.  Like gladiators, I like to charge towards my situation with a fierceness that says, "I will come back with the head of my enemy!"  Of course, not in a literal sense (Don't call me crazy just yet!), but in a sense that says. "I will have victory over this!"  Whether it's an issue coming against my family or any situation robbing me of my peace, I go into full "gladiator" mode.  I envision myself charging towards it in slow motion on my black horse, my shield in front of me, while slowing drawing my sword with my eyes laser focused on taking this thing down!  (Okay, you can call me crazy now.)

So the other day as I was watching the Wonder Woman movie, my inner gladiator surfaced again. There was a scene where she was being trained to fight and was knocked to the ground.  Her trainer said, "Never let your guard down!  A battle will never be fare!"  I had to hit pause, rewind and watch that scene again.  It just made my spirit say, "Yes!"

So I started to think of what my sword and shield represent to me.

My sword is the "sword of the spirit" which is the word of God (Ephesians 6:17).  The word of God strengthens my faith, so I'm able to fight with confidence! 

My shield is my "shield of faith" which protects me from the arrows of my attacker (Ephesians 6:16).  My shield blocks the fiery darts of doubt, fear and all the lies the enemy tries to get me to believe.  It represents my trust in God to protect me and bring me out of the battle safely.

No matter what the circumstances, whenever I enter into battle, I know as long as I have my sword and shield, I can come out victorious!  Let me also encourage you, my friend.  No matter what you may be going through, trust in the power of your sword and shield.  Even though "a battle will never be fare", you are equipped to win!

Love Always,
Shy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy