Thursday, December 6, 2018

Safe

There I was in the hospital bed, having gone from ER to being admitted.  I was awaiting the doctor's instructions on next steps.  I was thinking a simple, watered-down treatment would be the solution.  Then the surgeon walked into my room stating very matter-of-factly what she saw on the scan and that I needed to have a major emergency surgery.  

Since any type of emotional response would have only served as a waste of time (which I was running out of), I simply asked for a few minutes to contact my family, contact my primary care physician and to contact Jesus (pray).  She agreed and left the room for a few minutes, but it was clear time was not on my side as she paced outside of my room door.

Everything in my spirit was calm and I was at peace with this being the way to my healing, yet at the same time it felt like 10 gallons of information being poured into a 1 gallon tank.  I just didn't have the capacity to carry it all on my own.

I'd never had a major surgery.

I'd never been in ICU.

I'd never had to walk with a walker.

I'd never been connected to so many tubes, monitors, etc.

BUT I've always trusted in Jesus!  He knows what’s ahead of me and He promised to never leave me.  NEVER!  My trust in His plan was enough to carry all that I could not carry on my own.

So when I awoke in ICU, I gave God thanks for his healing power.  (Mark 5:34)

When I was able to walk down the hall with a walker, I thanked God for the strength to get out of bed.  (2 Cor. 12:9)

When family and friends visited, sent flower, prepared meals, and expressed their love in so many ways, I thanked God for commanding His angels to keep me in all my ways.  (Psalm 91:11)

The miracle of me being here today goes far beyond anything I could have planned.  However, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Lord heard my every prayer and no matter what the situation looked like, He was able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all I could ask or think.

He held my hand.  He comforted me.  He whispered, "I am your healer."  So I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, I was safe.

Thank you for your prayers.

Love Always,
Shy

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovealwaysshy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy