Thursday, March 28, 2019

Put on your shoes of peace!

I remember my dad saying, "If you want to forget all your problems, put on some shoes that hurt your feet."  That might sound funny, but he was so right!  There I was, walking down the hallway at work with one problem - my feet hurt!  I couldn't think about anything else, except getting home so I could take those shoes off.  They were new and cute, but I had no peace.

Like walking in shoes that hurt my feet, I've walked through seasons of life that hurt my heart.  The further along I went, the worse it seemed to get and I didn't understand the "why".  I tried everything I knew to do on my own, yet nothing got better.  I prayed.  I cried.  Still no change and still no peace.  What a long season it was.

There are times when we cling to the wrong things to fill a void, yet we wonder why God has not "fixed" it.  That's exactly what I did for way too long.  Then I read Ephesians 6:10-17, which spoke directly to my aching heart.  It spoke of truth, righteousness, peace, faith and salvation.  But verse 15 really spoke to me saying, "and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace..."  It took me back to my childhood where we referred to this verse as having on our "shoes of peace".  In this moment, I realized I was not wearing my shoes of peace.  In fact, I was taking steps in the direction of my own will and trying to drag Jesus along with me.  I had no peace, because the truth was I wasn't operating in Him and His will for my life.

I had to learn the hard way that in order to have peace I had to allow my steps to be ordered by God.  There was simply no other way.  I had to fully surrender to His will and trust every step He purposed for me.  

The bottom line is this - trials will come, life will happen, the sun will set, but in spite of all these things, we don't need to have all the answers.  We just need to remain close to Jesus.  That's where we'll find peace.  So let's put on our shoes of peace and let Him order each step today.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace."  John 13:33


Love Always,
Shy


http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovealwaysshy/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy