Wednesday, March 6, 2019

The Gifts in the "How"

I had given God a list of options on how to heal me.  I was in so much pain (which I didn't really acknowledge at the time) and I knew He was able.  So, in faith, I said, "Lord, you can heal me by one of these options."  And I proceeded to give him a few suggestions, because, well you know, He might not have considered how to get this done.  

As time went on, I had some good days which I rejoiced in.  But for the most part, I seemed to be moving in the direction of "worse" - worse pain, worse symptoms, worse energy levels.  Fortunately, my faith never got worse.  I continued to cling to the fact that He is able.  I just didn't understand why He wouldn't just heal me in a clean and simple way.  Just let me wake up one day completely well with the doctors looking confused and saying they'd never seen anything like this.  That's what I wanted.

Eventually, my situation led me to the emergency room, and emergency surgery and a change in lifestyle.  That was not on the list of options I gave the Lord.  How did He come up with this and why?  He came up with this to give me the gifts in the "how".  While I was focused on the "what" I needed Him to do, He was focused on the gifts He had for me in the "how".  It was in the "how" that I received the gift of grace.  Grace that I never would have been aware of had He just waved a magic wand to heal me.  I also received the gift of purpose - purpose that would give my story power to give all glory to God.  Lastly, I received the gift of love.  I was surrounded with so much love, that it was healing and soothing to my spirit and soul.  I can't explain the peace I felt even in the midst of my road to healing.  I didn't know how.  I didn't know why (and still don't know all the why).  I just knew He was able.  

I've come to know that the only appropriate response to a gift is "thank you".  So when I opened my eyes in the hospital after surgery, my first response was "thank you".  And from that day to this one, I give thanks.  Thanks for not doing it my way.  Thanks for hiding me under His wing when it looked like the enemy was coming for me.  Thanks for having a plan and purpose for my pain and for my life.  Thanks for the gift of grace.  Thanks for the "how" that showed me that miracles still happen over 2,000 years later!

If nothing else, I want to share with you that if you let God do it His way, you will look back and see all the gifts you received along the way.  Trust Him, then simply say "Thank you!" for the many gifts  you received in the "how".


Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts.  Neither are your ways my ways," 
declares the Lord.


Love Always,
Shy

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovealwaysshy/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy