Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Lifting of Hands

Sometimes we go through things in life that leave us so traumatized or so heartbroken that it feels like a battle trying to get to the other side of the pain.  Not only does it feel like a battle, but some days feel like a "losing battle" and it becomes more and more difficult to fight.  So difficult at times that moving forward seems almost impossible.

That's exactly where I was - in battle.  It's not that I felt I was going to lose, because I knew however it worked out, God had a plan.  But, I must admit the victory ahead of me was a bit cloudy and I was getting tired.  I was running out of strength, arrows, bullets, you name it, when I realized I was using the wrong weapon to fight.

Around that same time, I happen to read about the battle between the Amalekites and the Israelites in Exodus 17.  The Israelites were under attack, and "as long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning."  The bible goes on to say "when Moses' hands grew tired...Aaron and Hur held his hands up."  Hmmm...  The "lifting of the hands" got me to thinking.  What if in the midst of my battle, I keep my hands raised in praise?  What if I used my worship as my greatest weapon?  What if I kept my attention on the One who causes me to triumph rather than on my circumstances?  What if I fully surrendered to His plan?

Like Moses, at times we get tired and want to lower our hands, but that's when having our very own "Aaron and Hur" in our lives is important - someone to keep us encouraged and help us "keep our hands held up".  I certainly came to realize how valuable it was to have friends in my life who will stand with me in faith in the midst of my battles.  It made all the difference in the world.

So I encourage you to identify those people in your life and allow them to stand with you in those trying times.  Sometimes having the right people around can be key to winning.  Prayer partners, accountability partners and encouragers are evidence of God's love and grace surrounding us.  They are also reminders of how effective prayer and worship are.  

No matter what you may be going through, don't stop worshiping; don't stop praising; don't stop thanking the One true God who will bring victory in your situation.  You can win with the lifting of the hands!


Love Always,
Shy

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovealwaysshy/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy