Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Reckless Love!

I have completely fallen in love with a song called "Reckless Love" by Cory Asbury.  One day, I found myself humming one line - "I don't deserve it", but I had no idea what song I was humming.  That's the only verse I knew and I couldn't seem to get it out of my head.  So I googled that one line to try to find the song.  Nothing.  Then I searched "top Christian songs" and a list popped up.  It was the first song on the list and I felt quite sure it was the one stuck in my head, so I found it on YouTube, and YES it was the song!

As I was listening, I got to the verse I'd been humming.  "Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God.  It chases me down, fights till I'm found, leaves the ninety-nine.  I couldn't earn it.  I don't deserve it.  Still you give Yourself away.  Oh, the overwhelming, never ending, reckless love of God."

In the past, when I've read the parable Jesus shared about the shepherd leaving the ninety-nine sheep to find the one lost sheep (Luke 15:4-7), I've always thought, "Oh no!  Don't leave the ninety-nine!  What if they get away?"  Leaving the ninety-nine seems pretty reckless to me, BUT that's how important one is.  That's how important I am!  The love of God has literally chased me down and fought till I was found.  And guess what?  I don't deserve it.  Reckless love!

Jesus goes on to say that when the one sheep is found, the shepherd joyfully puts it on his shoulders and comes back rejoicing.  He calls his friends to come celebrate with him, because his sheep was lost, but is now found. 

This reminds me of the verse in the song that says, "There's no shadow you won't light up, mountain you won't climb up coming after me.  There no wall you won't kick down, lie you won't tear down, coming after me."

I can't tell you how many mountains He's climbed up and walls He's kicked down coming after me.  Nor can I tell you how many times those shoulders have carried me home!  He found me again, and again, and again...  Reckless love!

So the next time you're wondering if anyone loves you, think of the mountains He's climbed up coming after you.  Think of the walls He's kicked down coming after you.  Think of the lies He's torn down coming after you.  And think of the shoulders that have carried you back home and the rejoicing that took place over one!  Over YOU!  You couldn't earn it!  He's just recklessly in love with you!

Love Always,
Shy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy