Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The Flow

Everything about this situation sounded right.  If I wrote it down and showed it to you, you would smile and say, "Yesssss".  If I told you about where I'd been in my past and posted my #currentsituation, you'd say, "Won't He do it!"  If I read you the list of all the pros, you'd say, "What is there to think about?"  Yet with all my pretty little ducks in a row and quacking vibrantly, this thing would not seem to "flow".

In the midst of my situation, I read the story about Samuel anointing the next king of Israel.  As each one of Jesse's 7 sons entered the room, he thought to himself "Surely, this is the Lord's anointed."  But the Lord spoke to him and said, "The Lord does not look at the things people look at.  People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."  Samuel was in the right house with the right family at the right time, but not with the right son.  He knew he was where the Lord sent him, so he asked Jesse, "Are these all your sons?"  In essence, he was wondering "Are these the only options?"  It wasn't until Jesse called in his 8th son, David, that Samuel heard the voice of the Lord say, "This is the one."  Samuel arose and the oil began to "flow" as he anointed David.  (1 Samuel 16)   

Rereading this story shed a whole new light on things in my life.  I was so frustrated trying to make this thing flow, then it occurred to me to ask myself, "Am I trying to make something work that is not anointed by God?"  Was I looking at the outward appearance while the Lord was looking at the heart of the matter?

Sometimes we have to stop and ask ourselves what's stopping the flow?  Is it the wrong season?  Is it the wrong idea?  Is it the wrong relationship?  Is it the wrong job?  Is it the wrong conditions?  Or ask the question Samuel asked,  "Are these the only options?"  When you ask these questions, be prepared to hear the answer, because until you are truly operating according to God's plan, you will not flow in his anointing.

Proverbs 3:6 says, "Listen to God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track."  We can set the conditions, but only God can cause the "flow".


Love Always,
Shy

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/

https://www.instagram.com/lovealwaysshy/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy