Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Guarantee

"I just love the greenery here", is what I was thinking this brisk fall morning as I was riding my bike along a wooded path.  The cool, crisp air was filling my lungs as I energetically pumped each foot to really take in the beauty at top speed.  The colors of orange, yellow, brown and red were swiftly moving around me like a movie in fast-forward mode.  I was totally in my zone enjoying my ride just as a large animal suddenly ran across the path!  I slam on my breaks!  Yikes!  My heart was pounding!  I was shaking and not quite sure if I should turn my bike around or simply faint and end it all.  Did someone's Great Dane get off his leash?  I was terrified!  It took me a moment to get my barrings, then I realized it was a dear.  LOL!  A beautiful deer (who was now very still hiding behind the trees).  It became crystal clear to me that even though I'd moved to an area where nature was lush and picturesque, I was still a city girl at heart.  I had to laugh at myself.  A Great Dane?  In the woods?  Really?

It has been a couple of years since this day, yet I still chuckle about it.  The fact is, I grew up next door to a family who had a Great Dane and I was terrified of that dog.  So this moment brought me right back to those days...  Isn't it amazing how illusions of our past can distort our current reality?  Sometimes, we are so haunted by our past that it's difficult to embrace the beautiful opportunities that are right in front of us.

Well, I have news for you - your past is over and it does not change God's promises for your future!  All of God's promises will be fulfilled with a resounding "Yes" in Christ!  And our "yes" to His promises are the amen!  He put His spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.  (2 Cor. 1:20-22)  Let me tell you, you cannot beat a guarantee from God!!!

Today, let's embrace the beautiful opportunities, blessings, and gifts He has so generously set before us.  Let's hold onto the deposit in our hearts and not be confused by the illusions of our past.  God's promises are guaranteed!  Trust Him.  He has given us the "yes".  Let's give Him our "amen" and receive every promise He has for us today...and everyday.  Amen!


Love Always,
Shy

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovealwaysshy/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy