Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Don't Cry.

If you currently have or have survived teenage and/or young adult children, then you've been to "wits end".  Yes, it's an actual place.  I have the t-shirt and the hat!  I'd done everything I thought was right, had the best intentions, extended love, grace and 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.  Yet, the dark cloud of parental despair loomed over my head like a storm cloud!  The pain and disappointment of not having my child follow my "life manual" was just too much.  At this point, there seemed nothing left to do, except find a comfortable place to cry.  So that's what I did.  I sat down, grabbed my iPad and opened my bible app in hopes of finding some kind of encouragement for this weary mom.

For some reason (I'm sure it was a God reason), I read Luke 7:11-17 which talks about Jesus raising the widow's son from the dead.  No idea why I read that, but Jesus' words in verse 13 were spoken just for me.  He simply said, "Don't cry."  Huge gulp!  Two simple words that carried so much weight with me in this tearful moment.  It was like He was saying, "Your hopes and dreams for your child may look dead, but you won't be needing those tears.  I'm in control." 

The next words He spoke were, "Young man, I say to you, get up!"  Verse 15 goes on to say the young man got up, began to talk and Jesus gave him back to his mother.  He took what seemed like a dead situation, gave it new life and gave it back to the mother.  

Your situation may be different from mine, yet the burden of the grief is just as heavy.  You may have had days when you cried, prayed, and pleaded with God for change, yet things seemed to remain unchanged.  Whatever you're going through, be confident of this one thing, when Jesus speaks, His voice gives new life.  His touch is LIFE-changing.  His presence restores!

No matter what it looks like right now, don't give up.  Pray and trust God's plan.  Watch Him take what looks like a total disaster and turn it into purpose where nothing will be wasted.  Rest in knowing His voice has the power to bring new life to seamingly dead situations.  So, as I encourage myself, allow me to encourage you.  "Don't cry".  God is in control.


Love Always,
Shy

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovealwaysshy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy