Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Don't leave home without it!

I had given my teenage son an American Express card to make a purchase, but I'd never gotten it back from him.  My intentions were for him to keep it for emergencies.  Well, as the next couple of weeks went on, I noticed when he got home from school he wasn't hungry.  I'd ask him what he wanted to eat for dinner and he'd casually say, "I'm not hungry.  Me and my friends stopped and ate."  I was sort of fine with that.  After all, it saved me the trouble of cooking.

Finally, after a couple of weeks went by, I looked at my Amex statement and saw Chick Fil-A, Zaxby's, Starbuck's, Apple Music, you name it!  This kid figured that since he had access to whatever he wanted or needed, why should he go without?  I must admit, although I was a bit annoyed, there's something to be said about his understanding of what was available to him based on his relationship with me.  In the same way, I've been reminded of what I have access to through my relationship with Jesus Chris.  (I had to quickly find Jesus in this situation!)

These are just a few things my relationship with Jesus Christ gives me access to:
The Father (John 14:6)
A Friend (Proverbs 18:24)
Wisdom (James 1:5)
Power, love & a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7) 
Love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
Yes, all that!

As simple human beings, we are challenged daily.  But we must never forget that we have access to all we need through Jesus Christ.  In those moments when our faith is challenged and our peace is compromised, let's take a page from my son's book of faith - based on the access we've been given through the relationship we have, we do not have to go without!  Let us not forget the power of our faith in Jesus and be reminded of one thing - "Don't leave home without it!"


Love Always,
Shy

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovealwaysshy/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy