Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Free Gifts!

I was sitting on my deck taking in the cool morning air when a hawk swooped in and landed on my banister.  A hawk!  We were less than 10 feet away from each other.  I don't think he saw me sitting there when he first landed, but eventually he looked at me, and I looked at him (I was trying not to make even the slightest move), and within 10 seconds he decided I wasn't safe to be around and took off.  Wow!  He was so big and beautiful and since I've never been that close to a hawk outside of a cage, it was a very magical 10 seconds!

That exciting adrenaline rush reminded me how every second offers a gift, if we just lean into the moment.  The gift of the trees along the road that I sometimes don't see, because I'm so mentally preoccupied with what I need to do for the day.  The gift of the chirping birds that are sometimes drowned out by my thoughts.  The gift of the phone call from a loved one who just wanted to say hello.  The compliment, the smile, the encouragement, even the cupcake someone left on my desk.  (I know I shouldn't indulge, but it's a gift...)

Imagine if you left your Christmas tree up all year.  You'd walk right by it everyday and begin to not even notice it.  Well, my friend, the tree and the gifts are there all year.  Stop, unwrap each precious gift and give thanks and appreciation to the giver.   

I want you to pause for just a moment and notice the gifts around you.  The "present" moment is filled with gifts - free gifts!  It's hard not to be in awe as you begin to truly see God's amazing generosity in each moment.  

"Take a good look at God's wonders.  They'll take your breath away." Psalm 66:5


Love Always,
Shy

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovealwaysshy/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy