Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Image of God

I'd been home from the hospital for a few days now, but was still confined to the sofa since I didn't have the strength to conquer the stairs leading to my bedroom.  This meant I didn't have the comfort of my bed, but it also meant I didn't have the reflection of the surrounding mirrors my bathroom offers.  Let's just say my bathroom mirrors leave no angle unseen which is why my teenage son never leaves home without checking himself out in my bathroom first.  Those mirrors tell the whole story!

Well, after about a week of terrible back pain from being on the sofa, I was desperate to get in my bed.  So, with the help of my sister, I held the railing of the stairs and took one step at a time until I reached the top.  It was a daunting task, but feeling like heaven was waiting for me at the top of those stairs was enough to make me press on.  This experience gave "stairway to heaven" a brand new meaning.  Finally, a few minutes later, I was in my bed.  Exhale...

Shortly after, came the moment of truth - a shower, or should I say THE MIRRORS!  It was like I could hear the screeching sounds of violins from a horror movie as my eyes darted around the room seeing every angle of what used to be my body.  I was horrified!  I didn't recognize the girl in the mirror and my heart sank.  Who was I?  So frail.  So scarred. So visibly flawed.  So broken...

Before the enemy's lies could plant themselves in my spirit and take root, the Holy Spirit spoke truth.
You are fearfully and wonderfully made.  Psalms 139:14
You are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good work.  Ephesians 2:10
You are more than a conqueror through Him who loves you.  Romans 8:37
You are made in the image of God. Genesis 1:27
You are to die for!

Holy Spirit to the rescue!  Truth spoken over my life changed how I see myself.  I now see a different reflection looking back at me when I look in the mirror.  I see a reflection of my Father.  I see the truth!

Today, let's listen to the truth about who God says we are.  Let's believe His words and stand boldly in the reflection of Him.  And never forget we were made in the image of God and that is more than enough!

Love Always,
Shy

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovealwaysshy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy