Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Spring is coming!

It was a dreary, winters morning as I sat at the kitchen table having breakfast and gazing out the window.  The sky was gray and most of the trees were just twigs.  No sun in sight.  No flower in sight.  Yet the birds were flying from twig to twig singing their song.  Not a care in the world.  The dark, lifeless environment surrounding them didn't change their song one bit.  In spite of what they could see, they seemed to know for sure that spring was coming. 

As I gazed out the window, I had things on my mind that I wondered what the outcome would be.  I wondered would it work out "this way" or "that way".  I knew the situations would indeed change, but I wasn't sure what that would look like compared to how they looked now. That's when the birds ministered to me.  (Yes! Ministering birds!)  Like them, I'd never lost sleep over wondering if spring would come after winter, so why was I concerned about God's timing in this situation?  Why had my spirit stopped singing?

It's sometimes hard to imagine spring in the middle of winter, but God has a way of shedding the old things, then making things new.  A burst of new life, new beauty, new joy, new peace and new beginnings show up to represent a new season.  I knew I didn't have to wonder if God would change my situation (or change me!). Just as sure as spring was coming after winter, I felt a sense of knowing that God was going to do something new and beautiful in my life. 

In the middle of these thoughts, I looked a little closer at the twigs on the trees and I could see tiny bulbs at the end of each branch.  Tiny little bulbs that, over time, would develop into beautiful green leaves and colorful flowers.  New life was coming and the birds would continue to sing in all seasons.  They trusted God's order.  I smiled because I could just imagine all the tiny bulbs God has put in different areas of my life that would bloom in the right season. 

My spirit lifted as it was reminded that everything has a season (Ecclesiastes 3:1) and certainly spring is coming.  It's God's timing, God's order and God's plan.

Let us be reminded not to be discouraged by what was lost or what needed to be shed.  The beauty just ahead will blow your mind.  Trust God's plan and watch Him reveal the new season He has in store for you.  Keep singing.  Keep trusting.  Your spring is coming!


Love Always,
Shy

http://lovealwaysshy.blogspot.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovealwaysshy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy