Wednesday, August 14, 2019

The Road Has Been Paid For

I just love my GPS system in my car.  I simply cannot imagine using an actual paper map like we used back in the day.  There is something so comforting in knowing that all I have to do is put in a destination and the GPS system will get me there with no thinking of my own.  I just listen and follow instructions.  “Turn here” is simply enough.

The other day as I was driving along on the freeway, the GPS system said “prepare to stop at the toll ahead,” but there was no toll ahead.  I do recall there used to be one a few years ago, but it has since been taken out.  Knowing this, I was just going to ignore it, but then I noticed the confused look on my son’s face and said, “This road has been paid for.  There’s no toll.”  I went on to explain to him that the toll was initially put in place to recoup the cost of building the road and since it has now been paid for, they have removed the toll booth so there is no cost for us to drive on this road.

As I drove further down the road, I couldn’t help but think of many other “roads” that have been paved for me that have been paid for.  So when the enemy taunts me and tells me I’m going to have to pay for the road I’ve taken, I remind him that through the grace of God it’s already been paid for.  

The road to peace, if we make the correct turns. (John 14:27)

The road to joy, if we avoid the ditches. (Romans 15:13)

The road to purpose, if we don’t get distracted.  (Proverbs 19:21)

The road to God’s plan, if we listen for instructions.  (Jeremiah 29:11)

Let’s face it, life happens to the best of us.  A sudden twist in the road that we didn’t see coming, or perhaps we saw it coming, but thought we’d be able to navigate it on our own.  In John 14:6, Jesus says, “I am the way, and the truth and the life.”  If we listen to His voice and trust His plan, we don’t need to know every turn in advance.  He knows what’s ahead and where we should turn.  He created us with a destination in mind, has a plan to get us there and has already paid in full the price of the road we will travel.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and listen to your spiritual GPS (God’s Plan System).  He is THE WAY!

Love Always,
Shy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my new website for updated posts. https://lovealwaysshy.com/ Thank you! Shy